NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,350 Times in 7,394 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
When you get to a certain point I really don't care how much power a car makes. Heavier cars have heavier consumables, and slower reaction times. You can throw electronic system bandaids at those cars to make them perform better, but if you do that to a smaller lighter car you'll always be ahead.

But back to speed. I've always found a 10:1 power ratio to be enough for me. Fast enough on track to keep things interesting, and usually in a car that is far more capable than my driving ability ever will be. People that will never take a car on track and just want to get pinned into the back of their seat every once in a while - well they have a million options available to them.

Sadly people that want sub 3000 lb RWD cars get screwed unless you're spending $60k (for something new)
A lot of it comes down to what kind of driver you are IMO. I know a lot of people at the track don't seem to appreciate momentum cars. They like the whole point and shoot deal, to them the extra heft is not really noticeable. I like being forced to conserve momentum. But on the other hand it wouldn't hurt my feelings to be stuck with 3800lb/425hp either I love my BRZ as if I stick it into the wall I can afford to replace it.