Old 02-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #105
RotARy15

Drives: 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1, 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
It sounds like you'll appreciate one of our new fitments

8" and 8.5" wide wheels are slim enough where inner and outer clearances are a non-issue as long as the wheel manufacturer chooses the appropriate offset. We do 3D scanning and on-car testing with various track/race compounds to ensure we offer the most optimum offset.

When it comes to 9" (and wider) wide wheels, the "perfect" offset really comes down to how your car is setup - suspension type, how you plan to dial in negative camber (bolts vs. plates), how much negative camber you would like to run, tire size and tire brand since not all are created equal. This means that enthusiast "A" with a more compliant suspension (aftermarket coilovers or non-Sachs struts) may appreciate a higher offset like 9" ET42 where no/less negative camber is required to clear the outer fenders, while enthusiast "B" with Sachs struts may appreciate a lower offset like 9" ET35 so they dont have to run spacers on the fornt.

The same can be said about enthusiast "C" using camber plates to dial in negative camber, vs. enthusiast "D" who will use camber bolts (which compromises inner strut clearance).

For these reasons, we will have multiple 9" fitments (offsets) to satisfy the needs of all enthusiasts.

- Ryan

Well, now I am getting slightly concerned. I just got in on that group buy for the 17x9 et42 on the understanding that they fit PP with Sachs. Don't they?

Or is it just a camber bolts vs plates issue? I planned on plates but don't have them yet. Although I expect they will be in by the time the group buy wheels are delivered...

Last edited by RotARy15; 02-14-2020 at 08:16 PM.
RotARy15 is offline   Reply With Quote