View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #101
Dirty Harry

Drives: 2013 BRZ Satin White Pearl
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
THANK YOU for your sensible post man. Cheers to you.

Not looking for 500HP. I've had almost every semi-modern Subaru engine made - many Stg2 catless EJs, FA20DITs, now the FA24DIT in the Ascent (have an AccessPort on it already) and am very excited about that engine going into other platforms. STI being a big one.

I've always loved how the BRZ drives and it is such a funner platform over the bigger, taller, heavy, AWD drivetrain-loss WRXs/STIs I've had. Done with the EJ, been there, done that. I haven't owned one since I got rid of my RWD Bimmer.

Almost pulled the trigger on a new M2C and just not feeling the whole thing (not to mention they're currently untunable since BMW locked out the ECU and the S55s have the crank hub spin problem - could be a REAL big problem if tuned). Anyway, as soon as I heard a bunch of well-timed rumors about the new FA24DIT possibly going into the new twins, it got the gears turning again. Had no idea what a sensitive topic it was here as I've NEVER freakin' hung out on this site before besides random guest lurking over the past 8 years, despite people thinking I've had another account, lol.
I wouldn’t bank on the FA24DIT, I think it would end up cannibalising the Supra. I think the most likely rumour is the NA FA24 with a 20hp to 30hp bump over the NA FA20. The NA FA20 seems to be at the limit of its power output from the factory, the facelifted ‘17 model couldn’t meet emissions for the auto and therefore the small power bump of this model is only available in the manual. That’s my guess, we’ll find out in 12 months or so. Then the threads on 3rd gen rumours will start.

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 01-25-2020 at 11:39 PM.
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-25-2020)