View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
pogofx

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter X View Post
I was bored and endlessly scrolling through eBay and came across this. Anyone knows anything about this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183891145935

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I understand, there is little to nothing gained by changing the stock intake on this car if you're NA. The intake was redesigned slightly starting in '17, so I think what you have is about as good as it gets. It flows pretty well.

If you're looking for a different sound, that may be a reason to change. But it may perform worse, if that matters to you. I've seen a lot of pretty awesome looking "hot" air intakes.

The quaility of Ebay can vary. I've seem some stuff better that big brand name and some stuff a lot worse. I agree there is very little, if any, R&D on the cheap Ebay items. But it may be an exact copy of something that had some R&D. That being said, I question how much R&D some of these aftermarket companies actually do. I think most of the time they make something that's just visually appealing. Something where they buyer says, "yeah, I can see that making my car haul ass." Just beacuse something "looks" like it would work good, doesn't mean it does. Look at a '88 Lamborghini Countach. Looks like it would slice through the air like a knife through warm butter. It's actually pretty crappy when it comes to coefficient of drag. Looks can be deceiving.
pogofx is offline   Reply With Quote