Old 12-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #14
bmxr

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP WR Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW View Post
Get -2 up front and don’t be afraid of bars as they’re adjustable.
-2 takes plates to do correctly, so I'll be shooting for more like -2.5 to -3.0.

I am not afraid of bars. More like asking if I will get the desired results with 16mm bars or 18/19mm bars. My concern is that the heavy bars are way stiffer than stock at their softest settings and conversely, the 16's might not be enough. This is with stock suspension, RCE springs and 200TW tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
As other's have said, you're camber challenged at the moment.

I recommend against only adding a larger rear sway bar. Sounds counter-intuitive for your problem, but a larger front sway would probably be a net improvement. In some use cases, a front and rear set works well for a car that's not on aftermarket coilovers.

- Andrew

That IS counterintuitive! It was also what my alignment guy suggested (@Apex Alignment), so I think you both might be on to something

That said, it seems like plates should clearly be step 1 at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW View Post
If you have understeer first look at your driving style such as where in the corner is it pushing? You need to review this before messing with the car. Many time just a bit slower entry or not going back to Power too soon will fix the problem

I am driving to account for a barely perceptible understeer, but it's not really a problem. I just want the car a little looser. If a sway bar would do that, it seems like a very easy fix. I think I am going to go with more front grip rather than less rear grip.

Thanks again everyone!
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmxr For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (12-12-2019), wparsons (12-11-2019)