cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Yeah, 17x9 are a bit more easier to find. I do own Weds TC105N 17x9 +35 for autox & track, but for daily, rather not get my steering wheel pulled by wide tires, so that's why I want 17x8 & put like 225/45 tires on it. I also thought bout BBK as well when my stock caliper seized on me. My BRZ is my daily and most of BBK doesn't come w piston cover thingy (forgot the parts name), so in the winter time, I'm doomed (it snow & road get salted)... this is why I went w Subaru 4 piston calipers instead. Not really an upgrade other than visual upgrade & give me more options for the wheels.

It's not the tires pulling you around, it's the camber. Mostly. But you can just put 185 tires on those 17x9's no? I hear it's the thing to do.

I run TC105n in 17x8 for road trips and whatnot, just don't care about 'filling out the wheel well' all that much. Good wheels > just so on fit. If I really worried, I'd just get spacers and extended studs.

My Sparcos (17x7.5) with winters don't clear the OE brembos, sadly. Do clear AP Sprint, which is notoriously difficult. It's all about spoke shape. Don't assume offset is the magic fit. With the larger rotors, it may not be the ticket.
ichitaka05 (11-28-2019)