View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #40
localhost

Drives: Edelbrock SC 2015 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaBRZ View Post
I've been having the same codes as OP, P0171, P1170 and P117B after having this kit installed for 2 months. I replaced the bypass actuator valve and that fixed some hesitation, but the codes persisted.

I have smoke tested all vacuum lines and exhaust and found no leaks. I'm running the stock headers with the CARB tune just an FYI. As crazy as this sounds, replacing the front O2 sensor resolved the P1170 and P117B issues... this part wasn't even touched during the install and worked prior to installing the sc.

I'm now getting CEL codes of P0171 and P050A ONLY during cold starts. I had a really tough time putting my MAF sensor in during the install as well. I have since found out that Edelbrock revised this housing part for newer kits. I am very inclined to think that we both damaged our MAF sensor by forcing it in, however I am not willing to gamble $450 on a part that may not fix this issue. Does anyone know how to check if the MAF sensor is working without it actually throwing the specific CEL for it malfunctioning?

Thanks and any help is appreciated.
I'm off to buy a can of MAF cleaner to see if its just a clogged/dirty MAF. If not, I will try to get my hands on a friend's MAF sensor and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Here's a pre-cleaning datalog. I also added the MAF output and O2 sensor output. O2 sensor looks a little weird to me (looks like its tending to read rich?), but I don't know enough to say that confidently. https://datazap.me/u/rb28dett/pre-ma...0&data=3-5-7-8

MAF sensor before cleaning (I noticed a little nick in the housing):

Last edited by localhost; 11-27-2019 at 05:54 PM.
localhost is offline   Reply With Quote