View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #4892
jayliu.jiayu@gamil.com

Drives: 2017_86 2016_frs 2007_335i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
Im not mike, Im sure he'll come give you some proper insight. But what I can see from your video is that you are not getting any rotation at all in a lot of corners. I can barely see in the video that you are keeping your foot in the brake while turning in, but the car is washing out.

Did you do the pedal dance? Because this looks exactly like what happens if I dont pedal dance on my car, car just washes out and no rotation what so ever.

If you did do the pedal dance, then the problem is most likely too much pressure on your brakes when you turn in. Grip is limited, you want to release some of the grip used to brake to let the front wheels turn, so brake release needs to happen simultaneously (or ever so slightly before) turn in, but some brake pressure should be kept all the way till the apex. If you trail brake correctly, there is no need at all for the amount of steering angle you are using, you should need very little steering at all, in fact, in some corners you should use the steering to initiate turn-in and then the brake and accelerator to control the rotation and aptitude of the car.

Now, all of this might be a load of crap, since there is only so much you can speculate while seeing a video only (no data, its all guesses without being in the car at that time).

nah just the track mode,and good video for example? some footage u think is good to see for trail braking