View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #25
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Tcoat
I suspect the Jags have some amount of adjustment available to them and that video must be on a lower setting (or possibly just does it less with the engine cold?). They're definitely more obnoxious than that driving around Toronto.

The other videos appear to be primarily anti-lag and 2 step; both of which have their roots in racing but now get abused by the hard-parking community.

Anti lag started within rally (group B I believe) and does exactly what it says. They send unburnt fuel through the hot turbo, it explodes and keeps the turbo spooled up (also terrible for reliability; but these were full on race cars with major sponsorship budgets).

2 step is from drag racing starts and I'm less familiar with it. The cars have a 'second' lower rev limiter for launches and I'm not entirely certain if the 'pops and bangs' are from ignition cuts to maintain that RPM (no spark, unburnt fuel hits hot exhaust, pops and bangs) or if it is also spooling the turbo while you're not at peak RPM (anti-lag style) or if it's possibly both.

Neither has any valid use on the street however.
(I do not like the hard parking community)
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrowsFeast For This Useful Post:
extrashaky (09-09-2019), Tcoat (09-09-2019), Tristor (09-14-2019)