View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 05:23 PM   #42
becausethexo

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2015 Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After bringing it back from the mechanic shop (reputable place), they said there's "too much space" and something about the brake pads not making contact properly.. which is what is causing this, yadda yadda. Now remember, I went to them telling them that the noise started after they installed the pads/rotors. The issue I was having (thumping sound like in the video) was happening even before they installed these pads/rotors, and continued happening after. So, no difference. Making them believe it started happening only after they installed the new stuff.. I was hoping they'd do a quick fix to the actual problem, instead they tried telling me it's these pads! I left very quickly lol. Can't Trust Anybody!

Now I'm back to square one not sure what to do or where to go , didn't trust mechanics before this..

TL;DR:
Thumping brake issue old pads/rotors when coming to full stop/release off pedal --> Replace old pads/rotors --> Still hear sound, but leave out the part that it was happening before the replacement implying new pads/rotors is causing it (but they're mechanics, they should know what's working and not working) --> them confirming they're dishonest or don't diagnose properly or make assumptions and tell me I need to put on different pads even though it was happening before these pads...

Last edited by becausethexo; 07-30-2019 at 05:46 PM.
becausethexo is offline   Reply With Quote