View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #10
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
As @maslin pointed out these are not torque to yield, they are marked one-time use due to the pre-applied coating. I re-used mine, just cleaned them up on a wire wheel and applied liquid blue loctite prior to torquing to spec. I no longer have the link handy but had read a spec sheet showing the pre-applied coating is most similar in specifications to blue loctite, despite being red in color. Do NOT use red loctite on your subframe bolts.

If you are installing something like the whiteline KDT922, if you can get them you want the subframe bolts from the TS. They are identical except having a slightly longer overall length to ensure full thread engagement between the subframe and body when running bushing inserts. The TS comes with the STI bushing inserts (which look identical to the whiteline KDT922) pre-installed, so has a lengthened bolt. I tried to acquire them and found it impossible because the parts counter people at the dealership are borderline retarded and refuse to order on part numbers and I didn't have a valid TS VIN number to give them. The TS bolts aren't essential, thousands of people have installed subframe bushing inserts and reused their factory bolts, but since you seem concerned, this would be a route to replace the bolts with OEM spec bolts that have pre-applied coating and also get the longer length killing two birds with one stone.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
maslin (07-15-2019)