Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
What the hell is GTE?
Yes, as in 2jzgte, as in the TT MKIV because it was suggested by another that the current base MKV is analogous to the NA MKIV, and that the future models of the MKV that may be coming are analogous to the TT MKIV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
not sure, its alittle hard to find numbers for markets like Japan. i was just going by what the Japanese media is putting out.

as in 2JZ-GTE.
Yea, I read that the other models aren't sold out, but I don't know what that means. It could mean they are selling less than their production output, but the allocation could be two or three times that of the RZ, meaning they are selling better than the RZ. It could also be the case that the RZ is just selling more units than the SZ and SZ-R, just like the GT Mustang was selling more units than the V6 and 2.3T here, even though it too was more expensive.

The 86 is priced much more similarly in Japan, as it is here. Maybe even cheaper, so paying $45k for the SZ might not be worth the money (slower than the 86 to 60mph, cloth interior, manual seats, small brakes, no active suspension or diff, smaller rims, run flat tires).