View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #19
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonypepatone View Post
Thanks for the epic write-up man. But it was just some electrical greese that had gotten a little darker overtime on the connectors. And anyone that has this problem such as mine should definitely check o2 sensor first in the future. But I guess this problem kinda forced me to finally do the spark plugs lol[emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No problem! Glad you got your issue figured out and fixed!

Out of curiosity, which O2 sensor died? I ask because awhile after I got my OFT and replaced my header with the OFH (catless), my secondary O2 sensor fouled and started trending my trims positive. I have always suspected the lack of the primary cat was the culprit; however, I have no way of really knowing. If your secondary died, since you don't have a header but have been running OFT maps, that would be really interesting as it might suggest something about the maps is accelerating the demise of the narrowband sensors. Then again, I've been running my new secondary O2 sensor for over 50k miles without any issues, and without a front cat, so maybe there was a bad batch at the factory...
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote