View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
I believe the portion I highlighted in RED is incorrect.

There are only six pins on the FRS Base Headlight Power Connector:
  1. HiBeam+
  2. HiBeam GND
  3. LowBeam +
  4. LowBeam GND
  5. Parking +
  6. Parking GND

HiBeam + is used for DRL power in the FRS. There are no dedicated "DRL" sources. You are probably thinking of the Parking +. It doesn't function as DRL: it only comes on during Parking or Low Beam (i.e. night-time modes). Like you mentioned, if you plug HiBeam+ right into the LED Bar, you can get DRL to work while giving up actual high beam functionality.

Jumping the resistor with a 7th custom wire is required on any version of the headlights (Euro, JDM, or USDM) if you want the DRL LED Bar, because as seen above there is no dedicated DRL source from the harness. Additionally, going through the resistor source also enables you to take advantage of the wiring for actual DRL functionality (e.g. only on with engine, turns off with ebrake).

Therein lies the problem: power for the resistor jumping circuit comes from HiBeam GND (wired in series), after having passed through the headlight. (This is how DRL dimming for stock headlights works on FRS base models). This would be an issue no matter what version of the headlights you have if applying to a base model FRS.

Sorry for making it sound complicating. Shouldn't have typed it when I just woke up. Anyway, you got the right idea about the Hi+.

Looking at the monogram connector (8 pin connector w/ 6 pins used)

1. White - LED +
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. Black - LED GND
5. Red - HID +
6. Black 12AWG - HID GRND
7. Yellow - High Beam +
8. Blue - High Beam GND

What you can do is put pair up the LED strip wire(white) on the headlight side with the parking+ wire(white) on the engine side (and tap the DRL live wire to the parking +). Theoretically, you should have the LED strip as DRL from the DRL live wire at that point and when you turn on your headlights, parking + should provide the power to the strip as well so you have it on all the time while DRL turns off.

Also just make sure that you didn't accidentally tapped the Hi Beam + as well as having it paired up with the LED wire on the headlight side.

If the problem still persist then I can only think of something tapped incorrectly or another wire is conflict with something else.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote