View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #903
Ichima

Drives: 13' Lightning Red Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemravan View Post
What caused them to need to replace all that? Did you have a failure prior to going into the recall or did something come about after they did the original round of replacements? Also, did you have to cover any of the non-recall parts replacements out of pocket?

Im wondering because my car is in right now to have the engine matched to the car prior to them doing the recall, but once they start the recall I know I have at least 1 failed rocker/spring and quite possibly a messed up valve.
When I went in for the recall, they advised that I should replace my headgaskets as well. So I did pay for that out of pocket, just under $1000. 2 days later I noticed my car not giving any power and loud knocks and taps. Brought it to get diagnosed by a different dealership since the initial dealership claimed no fault and refused to work on my car due to "modifications". States my car was too low and the exhaust was the cause of damaging my heads. Car was on stock suspension and they could not prove my exhaust was the cause of damage. Overall, it led to my car having rtv and metal shavings clogging the oil passages leading to spun bearings, and knocking in the left head area.
Ichima is offline   Reply With Quote