Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichima View Post
Hey TCoat,
It seems you have pretty good advice in regards to our vehicles. I have been dealing with the dealership since February about my vehicle via the recall. Just 3 weeks ago they have taken fault because a Subaru Rep came and deemed it their fault after inspecting my car. He noted there was clogged oil passages due to old RTV in the oil pan and oil passages. The dealership repairing my vehicle now is only replacing the camshafts, intake and exhaust valves, oil and filter, and a rod bearing (not sure which or how many, they are not being transparent with me). Do you have think this work may seem sufficient, mind you i had driven nearly 400-500 miles after the recall and noticed the issues maybe 50miles in. They told me I was shit out of luck at the beginning and this was my only vehicle to get to work daily.
Without seeing the damage it is impossible to say whether it is enough repairs or not. Will just have to go with what they say and if it blows again then they are still responsible even if they try to weasel out of it.
Ichima (05-07-2019)