View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #23
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update for those insterested:

I took the car out around the block to see if the CEL would go away, it did not. So rolling on its own wheels didnt help. Either the problem is still there, or it needs to be cleared manually.

I took the car to get an alignment at a friends garage the day after. He had the scanner that can actually read what the problem was. It was indeed the corner where I had the wheel hub back off (rear left). The fault was marked as current, but he was able to clear it with the scanner, CEL went off with it too. I cannot really drive the car on the street for it to complete its "checklist" after your reset any codes, but at least while moving the car in and out of the garage and into the trailer the code did not come back.

I will buy a spare wheel speed sensor and just have it with me. If the codes comes back at the track at least I will know which wheel its in and I'll be able to swap the sensor on the spot. I wont be able to clear the code and I dont know if it will actually clear by itself if the problem isnt there, but he seems to agree with you that if the problem isnt there, the code should clear on its own by rolling. He was very surprised that resetting a "current" fault didnt bring it right back into limp mode with CEL on again, so a bit of a surprise there.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote