View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #95
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Just a quick update, my STI JDM motor mounts arrived yesterday. I am going to install motor mounts, trans mount, and driveshaft center bearing bushings tonight. I have a mini-school scheduled for Sunday at Harris Hill, so I can get back on with an instructor to start the year and reacquaint myself with the car after my suspension changes. After that, I'm going to buy my membership for the year and start going every weekend I can to Harris Hill.

EDIT:

I have installed the motor mounts, trans mount, and the driveshaft center bearing bushings. Note if you do the driveshaft center bearing bushings, the instructions are lying to you blatantly when they say all it takes is a flat head screwdriver and slight tug to separate the factory bushings. That's total horseshit. Since you don't need to save the factory bushings, save yourself wasting an hour and just use a cut-off wheel which is what I did for bushing #2 after fighting bushing #1 into submission. The motor mounts went in like a dream, surprisingly easy actually. Trans mount was a breeze too. Did everything in an hour and a half, the center bearing bushings were actually the "hardest" part.

Car feels pretty awesome and throttle response is now near instantaneous. It's surprising how much difference it makes in feel removing driveline slop. Now I really want to get a CF drive shaft, lightened pulleys, header back exhaust, flex fuel, and an e85 tune. I think this car is going to be very fun once I'm done with it later this year. For the moment though, she's very ready to be let loose to scream and roar on the track on Sunday. I'm excited and I can't wait!

Last edited by Tristor; 04-17-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (04-18-2019)