View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
xdavidx
Emperor McDuck
 
xdavidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Drives: 2019 86 GT; 2018 BMW S1000RR
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 275
Thanks: 131
Thanked 293 Times in 135 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Buy it!


I, like you, do a lot of commuting and kind of thought I might regret getting my 86. I absolutely do not, it makes my commute fun even on what was previously boring long freeway shots it is just a really engaging car. I have also started autoxing it and plan to do so a few times a year like you. It's really great for autox and while you can mod the crap out of it if you want to, it's also great totally stock (just replace the tires).


I've owned an IS350 F Sport before (2 years/40k miles from new) and while it's a comfy car for the commute and in general it's a really good car, I like my 86 a lot more. It's a car that has a soul, a car you will fall in love with. A car that isn't practical, isn't comfortable, isn't quiet, has a crappy stereo, rattles and clanks and bangs, doesn't get girls, doesn't impress anyone, isn't fast, isn't fancy, but... you will not care one bit about any of that anymore once you get one.


There is a video ad they had that i've never seen aired, but you can find on youtube were they say... it's not for picking up your mom, it's not for getting groceries... and just goes through all the things it's not for then ends as 'the toyota 86... it's not for everyone'.


This is a car that either you get or you don't get, but it sounds like you do.... give it a shot and I promise you will fall in love.
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote