Quote:
Originally Posted by spagti
This might be a silly question but I haven't found the answer yet so maybe @ DeliciousTuning or someone else can help me here.
I'm doing a custom turbo install and considering the FNG tune. When it comes to getting things going, how do I know what to configure my bov/bc to for the initial tune install and after? Do I need to know what my goal psi is at the start? Will I be told what to set it to initially for logging and revising? Just wondering how the process works on my end for tweaking things with the tune to find how much boost I should run.
Thanks
|
Hi,
We usually start off with our initial tune that is based on about 7-10 PSI of boost. On a stock engine that is usually a good place to start.
As for the bov, the spring pressure of that should be at least 11-12 PSI, in order to maintain a strong idle. Subaru engines draw a pretty good vacuum so you will need a stiff spring in order to not have a rough idle.
Helpfully that helps a bit,
William Knose