Old 02-28-2019, 12:04 AM   #13
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
* the power will be reduced to nothing after you put the giant wheels on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Or... how annoying will it be to tow cars with one long distances?
The published specs say it will have four electric motors putting out a total of 750 HP and 14,000 Nm of torque (10,325 ft lbs). I don't think power for towing would be an issue. It looks to be long enough not to be pushed around by a trailer. The big questions would be whether it weighs enough itself to be stable and how well it brakes. And of course how much the range is diminished with a load.

With all that torque, big tires wouldn't present a problem for the motors either, but I suspect tire size would be pretty limited. The suspension doesn't look like it would lend itself all that well to a lift. It looks like their approach is to armor the bottom with skids and let you slide and bang over obstacles using whatever tires you can get to the ground for traction rather than letting the suspension flex for traction at all four wheels. I bet you'd be limited to the tire sizes shown on their concept vehicles.

If only it weren't so damned ugly. It looks like an old-style Cylon. I bet it says, "By your command!" when you put it in gear.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-28-2019)