Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
I agree with everything you say

but what really bothers me is that they don't even mention the fact that some of these newer status cars are getting too heavy.

I'm following reviews of the new 911 992 (I love 911s and always considering one) and I am so saddened that now the 911 is no longer a car I would want to buy because of how heavy it's gotten, yet reviews are not even mentioning this.

I do believe car reviewers help shape the sports car industry. Maybe this is my own opinion and it is wrong, but I do feel that cars such as the 911 were made famous in large part due to the rave reviews they get. So if reviewers are not calling out modern sports cars for being heavy and just skipping over this point, than sports cars will just continue to get heavier and heavier.
ALL cars are getting heavier. The "sports cars" are still far lighter proportionally than the sedans. What would be the point of screaming "they are heavier" when there is nothing they could do to make them lighter? I already stated why they have gotten heavier and that is not going to change. The increase in weight is why there have also been to increases in HP it is intended to counter that weight. I know that many forum members are the exception but the number of car buyers that are worried about weight is probably well under 1%. There is no shortage of lighter cars if you have the money to pay for them. Complaining that they are heavier is just pissing into the wind.
Tristor (02-01-2019), why? (01-28-2019)