View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 11:46 PM   #12
FineVisionz

Drives: Series.Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
that adapter and the lc2i both convert the speaker level outputs to rca level outputs for an aftermarket amp.

the adapter has zero adjustment. but is easier to install

the lc2i has adjustment built into it to fine-tune the output going to the sub amp. it also has the capability of a remote sub level knob. but it needs power.

either option has positives and negatives. personally, i like the lc2i better because of the added capability. but for a stick-to-the-basics method, the standard adapter is likely better.

it really comes down to what you want out of it.

you later say that you have some wiring, which leaves the question, do you need them to wire the system, or are you ok with wiring yourself?

a pre-made box costs almost nothing-- about $300 of that is going to go mostly to labor for installing everything. a pre-made box is also going to take up a vast majority of the trunk. these cars and anything over 10's don't play especially nice together.

addressing this separately because i've run into this before in car audio and home electrical where people try to supply things to save costs, but costs more in the long run.

what wires do you have, and were they pulled out of another car?
almost no one is going to reuse any cabling that was custom-cut for another car installation. the cables almost always end up too short, or worse, were pulled out in such a way that the cable jacket was damaged and it risks an electrical short.

wire is cheap compared to the cost of pulling old wire in, having to troubleshoot, pull out, and replace any of it. it's always better to just use new wiring for any car audio install. it vastly reduces the potential issues that can arise.
The only cable I need to get is new a new RCA cable. I plan on wiring everything myself.

Genuine question, why do you think that anything over a 10in wouldn't play nice in a BRZ?
FineVisionz is offline   Reply With Quote