View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #12
DandoX
Senior gif poster
 
DandoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Location: Ca, SoCal
Posts: 936
Thanks: 593
Thanked 764 Times in 391 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
So what do tickets like this run? $500? $1000?

Lame rule that doesn't appear to be enforced on the loudest cars on the road (bro dozers, muscle cars, Harleys)

So does this mean they perform a db test on the side of the road, or up to the officers mood on that day if they feel like dropping a ticket? Without any actual documentation on how loud is too loud at the time of ticketing?

Like what if your exhaust goes to like 92db, but the officer decides nope thats too loud for today? Are you screwed into paying a massive ticket because the officer decides its too loud but doesn't document how loud?

With this law I can assume you can take it to court and argue that it is not too loud, then I guess you need another officer to take a sound test? Seems like things get muddy quick.

If I ever get a too loud exhaust ticket (I shouldn't with stock everything except the 2.5 resonated perrin catback) you bet your ass I'm going to traffic court to fight it.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote