HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,142 Times in 591 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlDance View Post
I don't have the numbers but I do believe another user said that DIs kick in very soon. At higher RPMs it combines port and direct for more power. There's an 8 minute video on the 86 by Toyota that explains it.

I should stress that in the video of the thread I linked has the flutter, rattle, and tachometer waver at practically 2500 RPM with a confirmed bad DI seal, and that videos in the thread I posted a while back had some with confirmed DI issues. Listening back to some of them, they also make a very similar noise to the audio provided in this thread. All of which occur at about 2500 RPM, which matches the datalog that OP posted. He also posted on my thread that he had the exact same issue.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8aUxBZlsU#t=50"]2013 Scion FR-S | D-4S Technology Explained - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

ok yes there is some combination of DI/PI at low speeds but at higher engine speeds it is DI only...either way, I still haven't heard of any "issue" from the OP, it is all just him being paranoid about a "noise" that goes away after...just drive if the car ain't falling apart while you're WOT then nothing to worry about
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote