View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #63
Th3rdSun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Hot Lava
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 594
Thanks: 156
Thanked 309 Times in 193 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkharmony View Post
I'm in the process of trading in my AT 86 for an MT BRZ, and the salesperson has told me they're going turbo or bigger motor in 2020 or 2021. Good to know!

And the Toyota salesman I talked to 6 months ago told me they weren't making a 2019 model of the 86.



I would imagine that Subaru would probably hand-me-down a watered down version of the current WRX motor since they are more than likely making a completely new motor for the next gen WRX and STI.Doing that would be way cheaper than having to actually develop a completely new motor for the BRZ.


This is speculating under the assumptioin that the salesperson actually knows what the hell he/she is even talking about,and we know how that goes most of the time.
Th3rdSun is offline   Reply With Quote