View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #57
bmxr

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP WR Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I think it would depend on the level of modification on both cars, but in roughly apples to apples levels of modification, the WRX will win any acceleration metric, while the BRZ takes any cornering type of metric. In terms of actual on-track performance, it's actually very, very close, with the WRX having an exponentially lower skill floor.

The bigger issue, is that the WRX will overheat in stock or bolt-on form, while the BRZ will just cook it's oil.

Stock vs stock, same driver, etc. I would think a WRX should be at least two seconds a lap faster than a BRZ almost anywhere, and much more at a big track. Lightning Lap a >3 second gap at VIR. I'd be surprised if the difference was not similar at Homestead and Sebring where I put in my laps. The BRZ is fun and does a lot things right, but the fact is, it's pretty slow.

I agree the WRX is idiot proof, but to its credit, it is also a lot of fun to drive. It's pretty well suspended and has a lot of tire for what it is. The dire need for cooling, brakes, and a major retune, gave me the excuse to switch platforms and start over, though.
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote