View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 01:02 AM   #52
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Be afraid very afraid. I would only do it if it was either built, installed, and tuned by you or under one roof. If one shop builds the motor, another installs it and then someone else tunes it there is nobody to accept responsibility when shit hits the fan. Tuner will blame the engine builder and mechanic, engine builder will blame the tuner it's the circle of blame game. Just be careful of a shop telling you they warranty their engine because in reality they won't. I could of had a stock pile of 6-8 used FA20's for the money I wasted on my 2 built motors.
Well it was completely all under one house. Not like even then a shop will accept responsibility and front a repair/replacement.

You've blown 2 built fa20's? Were you going for some big numbers or keeping things reasonable. I'm at 420 wheel, 10.5 compression, 85. Trying to keep things dialed back for longevity.
I feel your pain brotha.