Old 10-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #128
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by accwai View Post
That's hard to believe. I paid for TRD springs and sway bars for my car but they completely forgot to install the stuff on delivery. A month later, an acquaintance tried to push some of his spare TRD parts on me. I said "But I *have* TRD suspension." He said "No you *don't*." So back to the dealer and they say "Parts are in stock, give us a few hours." I was expecting the TRD suspension to be stiffer but that doesn't seem to be the case. If anything, it seems to track surface irregularities more precisely with very little "aftershock". For me, it's a little hard translate what I experience to "shake itself to pieces". If somebody else who's driven stock vs TRD suspension on the same car have different experience, please come forward and share.
My car is stock. I've just heard that the TRD suspension is stiffer than stock, and it makes sense to me that it would be. Maybe the car OP drove had a bad alignment or something that made it shake?

Quote:
As for TRD exhaust, I've always had it. My dad wanted to try out a stock automatic BRZ and asked me to tag along. I don't understand what the big deal with noise level is. And in the bigger scheme of things, TRD is quite far from being the loudest. There is a white BRZ around where I live that is seriously loud. And it cracks like crazy when backing off on the gas. Also, I was once at a traffic light. Another 86 (same color) pulled up right behind and started rev'ing like hell. As we got started on green, I could hear the guy loud and clear from back there. From the outside, the guy got to be way loud. Highly doubtful he's TRD exhaust.
Again, my car is stock so I'm not sure exactly how the TRD exhaust compares to stock noise wise, but I know its louder than stock. Some people want a loud exhaust so it makes people think the car is fast even when it isnt. That's why all the high school kids put huge fart cans on their base Civic lol.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote