View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #714
GrabTheWheel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 16' BRZ
Location: California
Posts: 362
Thanks: 76
Thanked 162 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
I have JRSC (c30 with default pulley) installed on a stock engine (stock header, injectors, fuel pump, etc) with CARB tune. I am interested in Delicious tune because the CARB tune does not seem to perform well in colder weather. I can understand that hot or cold temperature can affect the performance (power) but the engine should still be smooth at least. The engine feels different on a cold day in the same week with the same gas in the tank. Do you think Delicious tune can help? If I order Flash & Go tune, do I need to replace the MAP sensor?
I originally had a C30 with everything else stock on the CARB tune. Jackson’s CARB tune is one of the the better ones out there but it is still tailored towards emissions. My biggest issue was the engine just felt sluggish below 3K RPM like slower than stock. It didn’t matter if it was warm or cold out. A tune completely fixed this along with picking up about 20 whp. I don’t think you should need a MAP sensor unless you’re increasing boost or something is wrong with your current one.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote