View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Riftur
Senior Member
 
Riftur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Florida
Posts: 582
Thanks: 235
Thanked 176 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristor View Post
Every time I rotate my tires the car wants to slide a lot more and I may see TC kick in on the street, but this typically goes away within around 50-100 miles of driving. I always chalked it up to slightly differences in diameter and tread wear patterns wearing themselves in between the front and the rear, probably exacerbated by the fact I dual-use the car on track.


Also, check your tire pressures. If you let other people do your tires they always do pressures stupidly high. Look at the door card, it's supposed to be 35psi cold in every tire. I run slightly higher on the street for economy and because I'm lazy and there's a big black marker for 2.5 bar (36.25 psi) on my tire gauge.


Higher pressures can induce oversteer, especially if the rear pressure is higher than the front pressure.
I was hoping it would go away after driving it around for a couple weeks, but it has not. I have not checked the tire pressure yet but unless they put over 40psi, I do not see how it would make the car slide all over. I usually run 35 psi and the last time I had work done to my car (different garage) they did fill it to 40 psi. Though even at 40 psi the car did not slip around like it is currently.
Riftur is offline   Reply With Quote