Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
@Tk rocket ...You do know that the R32-R34 had the exact same drivetrain with minor tweaks and mostly just cosmetic changes to the bodies, right? The R35 has a completely different engine. And I have mentioned it before, but everyone seems to love wide body kits, fender flares and other changes that allow for larger wheels and a wider wheelbase, but when a manufacturer does it then the car is just fat and heavy.

@Summerwolf ...The R35 GTR was designed to be the first supercar that was made on an assembly line, so the cost could be kept down, but one piece was an exception and that was the hand assembled engine. One person builds the motor, so trickling it down wouldn’t be cheap if the current process of production continued, and perhaps adapting it to an assembly line would be impossible.
I'm aware that the engine is hand built. You're telling me they couldn't find a way to adapt lower trim levels to a mass production version? They just came out with a variable displacement motor ffs. Seems like if they could make it somewhat modular they'd have a great option and really get noticed. A titan that could compete with an EcoBoost ford?
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote