View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
gtengr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Drives: 2017 BRZ
Location: USA
Posts: 655
Thanks: 326
Thanked 258 Times in 177 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich196 View Post
Cant help on why it happened as I'm not familiar with the kit, but I would say it would be a damage heat exchanger core in the manifold not holding water.

What I would say is 100% change the oil before trying to restart it
Agree. Sounds like the intercooler core was damaged somehow.

I wonder if the previous owner also blew his engine, then sold the kit w/o figuring out exactly what went wrong? Shipping damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrha View Post
Threads like these make me not want to buy a supercharger used. Sorry about what happened to you man.
Yeah I just picked up a Cosworth kit from a local and am going to test this cooling circuit for leaks before install.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote