View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
FunnyGopher
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Location: Arizona
Posts: 210
Thanks: 60
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jviveros2 View Post
So my car just got that infamous 'whine' sound when the car is in idle.
I press on the clutch and the sound goes away. After reading numerous threads I'm afraid it might be the throw out bearing or something along those lines.

Anyone in the Phoenix metro area familiar with checking such parts? I'm new to the auto world so I wouldn't even know where to start and I really don't want to have to take it to the dealership.
I'm actually going to tackle swapping out my TOB tomorrow morning! I've never done it before, so yeah, that'll be interesting.

If DIY doesn't sound fun to you, I'd hit up our local club tuner/mechanic Dallen. https://www.facebook.com/dbtuned/. He actually just did a TOB change about a week ago. His contact information is on his page. He's replaced engines, installed turbo kits, plus all the normal maintenance stuff on these cars. I'd trust him with anything. I'll let him know someone might be hitting him up about a TOB change.
__________________
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote