View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #11
Spawn_Of_Creation
Human
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ Black
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 208
Thanks: 105
Thanked 102 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
Correct header design for NA is the most "not thought through" modification out there, one size does not fit all applications.

ACE headers are on the ball with there designs, albeit a quite expensive venture.

I am currenty trying to find a header to suit my daily driver duties with non competitive motorkhana thrown in.

I'm thining long tube EL 4:1, maybe, I'm still trying to figure it out and find a seller that doesn't want my kidney.

I also don't want 304, it needs to be either 321 or mild steel.

I've never had luck eith 304 headers, they always ended up cracking.
Usually 304 headers fail because of bad welds, improper tunes or high boost overheating the metal, to much twist/play under acceleration, or so old they loose the noncorrosive properties.

Some other members have had headers crack and break because they use stock engine mounts on boosted applications.
__________________
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Spawn_Of_Creation is offline   Reply With Quote