View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:09 AM   #12656
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat
 
BigFatFlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Location: Sack of Potatoes
Posts: 4,431
Thanks: 2,630
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
@FirstWinter @BigFatFlip, he found this thing and he's getting juiced about it. No idea why, but I guess everyone has different tastes. He's possibly gonna take it to get checked out by a mechanic.


https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...665185442.html


Shrug. Meh. Boring. Too many doors.
That's a huge "meh" nothing special about it, specially for a "weekend fun car". Plus, for that price and such minimal ad, I wouldn't be very optimistic..gotta be something ugly lurking under there

Quote:
Originally Posted by driggity View Post
If he's looking at non M e46s I'd think he'd be happier with a 330 ZHP.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
That's a logical thought, but I have no idea what his actual "goal" is. He said he liked the RX-8 lol.

The way it is, he never takes his Golf R out on spirited drives, so it just goes to waste from commuting from Concord to Emeryville every day.

He also doesn't regularly check the oil on it, despite me telling him that he should be on a turbo DI engine. He just takes it to the dealership at the regularly scheduled service intervals. I can't talk any sense to him.
Sounds to me like he is actually looking for a commuter and should keep the Golf R as his fun weekend car? :shrug:
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote