View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #15
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,770
Thanks: 20,004
Thanked 8,346 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash0901 View Post
I've done the research, spent hours online and on the phone. Everybody has had problems and there are inconsistencies except for MoTeC. If you try to save money and cut corners you will pay twice. Do it right the first time and just buy MoTeC!!
I did the exact same thing.. I spent months trying to figure out what really worked and what not on each solution. Because if you just read on the surface or just casually ask, everyone will say "everything works" on my car.

But when you dig deep, one person A/C works sporadically, another A/C does not work at all, the next person does not have ABS working, other their gauge tank reads in increments of 1/8th, others Power Steering is in limp mode and the list goes on and on....

Motec was the only one where you actually had everything working from factory like it should. Now, it seems Emtron has everything working similar to Motec and Element Tuning apparently with their Nemesis plug and play package also have basically everything working like factory.

Tell you what, it has been a chore to locate a Local Motec tuner, and everyone who I even ask about tuning Emtron first thing they say is "what is that?"...

There's a local who will be using the Element Tuning Nemesis plug and play so I'll be able to see first hand how much it actually works.

Don't get me wrong, the Motec is not perfect. I have gone through some trial and error with it, but I can honestly say at the end of the day, Pure Automotive has made everything RIGHT no matter what. But given you can get a complete package with harness and ECU from a single point and from people who actually stand behind their product is a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob 2fast4u View Post
I spent a weekend making my own harness for the 2jz with my EMU classic in my brz. all new sensors turned out to be less than 3,000$, also got a tablet dash with real dash app so it displays anything I want without buying more gauges or one could get a lcd race dash (aem, ecu master, aim,...)
That's really good when you can save the cost of buying a harness and can make your own.

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 08-15-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote