finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieZ2 View Post
Well I did it. Deep down I know I’ll regret it but what’s been done is done. First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for their incredible insight and dedication to a truly fantastic automobile. I want to thank Toyota and Subaru for producing which for me was one of the finest sports cars ever made.

After purchasing my FRS I found this forum and learned how to finess the car. I enjoyed the heck out of it but as time takes its toll on the human body, I learned just how much when I tried out a Nissan Nismo 370Z which I was considering purchasing. Damn near snapped my neck getting into it. It was then I said to myself... Self, I said, just what are you doing? Are you going to keep the FRS under cover all winter again or are you going to give in to the signals your old body is throwing at you. Frankly it was a combination of both and a reality check.

I’ve been lusting for a Lexus RC 350 but where I’m at I’d have to track 100+ miles just to test one out.....and service...yeah, right. So I looked locally to find something comparable with the dealers in town. I ended up at BMW.

Now I don’t know if it was the story comparing the Beemer to the RC350 or all the frigging electronic toys, maybe it was the smell of leather. I don’t know but I fell for it and pulled the trigger.

Anyway I patted my FRS and thanked her for the good times we had. I walked away, not looking back but walked directly to into the BMW salon area where my car was waiting. I’m surprised they don’t have an altar set up for these cars.

Anyway, I did the deed, maybe a bit reluctantly considering I checked out the FRS a half a dozen times before I headed to the dealer.

I have a new girl in my life and she seems to be treating me right so far. I’ll never forget my FRS or this community.

Just do me a favor.... Next time you get into you FRS/BRZ/86, pat the dashboard and say thanks for the good times.....then go out and beat the ever living hell out of it.... Thanks everybody, it’s been fun!
It was definitely the smell of the leather. Maybe it's because my first car was a BMW (albeit a very old one) but it still have the smell that hasn't seemed to ever change lol.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote