View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Joesurf79
Senior Member
 
Joesurf79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2016 White Pearl BRZ Premium
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 548
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 147 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacfrs View Post
Id like to hear from anyone using an oil accumulator. I understand what they are for. Just curious why anyone felt it necessary.
Thanks!


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I ran one for a year on my track BRZ. It was a fun tinkering project for me to build a bracket, make the AN lines, route the cable. In theory it would provide some safety margin against oil starvation in long, continuous G-Load corners on track. The reality is that on 100tw slicks, on the track configurations that I run, I wasn't generating enough lateral G long enough to oil starve the motor (fuel starvation at anywhere near a half tank is a different story . Maybe someday after I go FI on hoosiers I'll need one.


I have a complete accumulator setup for sale cheap in the classifieds if you want to try one out!
Joesurf79 is offline   Reply With Quote