View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
Keenercarguy
Mountain Runner
 
Keenercarguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Location: Boone, NC and Charlotte area NC
Posts: 714
Thanks: 489
Thanked 142 Times in 105 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRStevan View Post
Sorry, I just have a question. How do you find the 1521's for street use? I've been looking for a solid daily pad.
They're great for daily use, no complaints there. However when it comes to really pushing them on a mountain (I brake hard and late) they do tend to overheat a bit quickly, or rather: get a bit grabby and lose the linear nature I like in a fun pad. I'm transitioning away from them (after probably 25,000 miles) pretty soon as well, they've done well but I'm changing it up to something in between the 1521 and XP8 in aggressiveness. If you're really curious I could probably mail you what's left of all four corners for like $20+shipping and you can test them all you want haha
Edit: you're in Canada... not actually sure how shipping would work in that case
__________________
2013 BRZ 6MT Limited: "Quick as Hell, on a Budget" Build • Ceramic Coated Gruppe-S UEL/OP • Konig Hypergrams • RS4 200tw • Koni Yellows, Eibach Springs • Ferodo DS2500's
Keenercarguy is offline