Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyattkb View Post
When I say I still managed to get rock chips, I meant I was getting rock chips in places I did not expect to get and did not have the PPF applied such as the top of the roof, the A pillars, infront of rear wheel wells. There are 2 places where it blasted right through the PPF and the holes are the size of a pea.
The idea with PPF on the front of the car isn't to keep the car spotless. It's to prevent the front of the car from becoming sandblasted in comparison to the rest of the vehicle. A car that is driven will accumulate rock chips over time. Only if you have a supercar do you spend money on PPF for the entire vehicle.

However, with PPF on the front of your daily driver, the front is protected from the overwhelming majority of chips it would normally accumulate. Which means that over many tens of thousands of miles of driving, it will accumulate just the occasional rock chip much like the rest of the car. Those can be touched up with paint if necessary. But at least after 60,000 miles, you won't have a car that has occasional rock chips on the roof and trunk, but a front end that looks like it was put through a sandblaster, lol.

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote