View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #9
Snoopyjh

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Two things I see done wrong all the time with new MT drivers.

Don't grasp the shift knob with a death grip. Push it away or pull it with the palm of your hand or just your fingers. When you grab it Fast and Furious style your body is fighting the gates giving you delayed and jerky shifts.

Stop thinking about the clutch and shift as separate stages it is all one action with things happening at once. It is not clutch in. Shift lever. Clutch out. It is clutchinshiftleverclutchout. You should already be moving the shift lever as you are pushing in the clutch and just finishing the shift as you clutch out again. I do not mean this action has to be fast but it should all be going on at the same time not as different steps. Understand what I am trying to say?
God I hate trying to explain this in print. Could show you in about 5 seconds.
Could it be that there's something wrong with the trans?
Idk if you ever drove a GTI or Civic Si, but I could shift those cars butter smooth, to the point where I thought the BRZ is just a harder car to shift smoothly, or there's something wrong with my car lol

When I try to shift all in one motion from 1st to 2nd at 4,000rpm (without waiting the rpm to drop to 2,100), I would be letting go of clutch around 3k rpm, and car just jerks and forces itself down to 2,100 rpm
Snoopyjh is offline   Reply With Quote