View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
laksman91

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech, Evo X GSR, E92 M3
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Not a laughing matter for me. I will not attend lapping sessions unless I am safely participating. I was probably too slow for the advanced. Last month with oil cooler and 215's all around maybe I was better? . I truly must have totally ignored my rear view mirror since I had absolutely no idea if that was the case.

Anyway, met some nice people and the first time some not too nice people ( two to be exact) most likely related to this alleged incident. It must have been the lapping where the white rocket bunny and then the Gtr passed me but I didn't signal to pass as again neglected to watch behind.

However being told off by a guy in an S2000 rather rudely at the paddock was a test in politeness for me. And then another young dude with an alpha mtsprt t shirt also not in a mature way. I am overdriving??

Anyway an alignment and an oil cooler would have helped that day. 130C in 4 laps was my hottest and I did hold back slightly and always will.

My tracking is casual recreational and again I shouldn't have been with the reds that session in retrospect. I am not a highly competitive driver but the track makes you safer on the street.

I admire guys with Tercels and Civics running decent laps, it's not all show.
Hi @wbradley, I was the one that spoke with you after a session and did make the suggestion to be considerate of others on the track and allowing other (faster) drivers to pass you. I'm sorry that you felt that conversation we had was not in a mature fashion - I beg to differ to be honest but let's leave that as a difference of opinion.

Here is a video of what I meant by overdriving the car and how that became a danger to the other drivers and cars on the road. You can see it at the following times: 0:11 , 0:52 , 1:08 - 3 times within a 1m27s clip! I trimmed the footage down as there is a solid 3-4 minutes of 4-5 cars stuck behind you and being forced to pass you using power (C6 Z06 was one of those). Here you put other cars and drivers in danger by trying to keep up a certain pace that was not working. You are definitely not safely participating!!!

That being said, I think it is irresponsible and negligent to be on the track and unaware of your surroundings. Even so to go as far as saying "Oh I guess I just ignored my rear view". It's a lapping day, not a race. No one gets first place. You can let people pass and everyone can have a good time.

FYI, you can request to go to a different group if you feel you aren't a right fit for your current (as you have said above) - thats something you need to determine.
laksman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laksman91 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (05-25-2020)