View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #40
AlanLGuy

Drives: Raven 6 speed Manual FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Ooh I'll have to update all of last week.

Thursday: Swapped out the michelins for Dunlop Star Specs 225/45/R17's on stock wheels. Much more grippy, but the rear end doesn't kick out as much
:,(.

Tire shop had a bit of a time getting the 225's on but I think 235's might have been doable,

Saturday: Drove the piss out of it at an autocross in 103 degree heat. Star Specs are a vast improvement, but started to overheat in the extremely hot surface temps. Already have a little tread chunking on me :P

Gave it a quick wash but need to find a time to give it a bit more TLC, lots of bugs from long roadtrip.

Sunday: another autocross, slightly more reasonable 92 degree temperatures, no overheating on the Star Specs, still needs a driver mod though

Debating whether to get the turn down pipe for race days. Also at some point I'll get around to window tint and debadge but maybe not this week. Another two autocross events this weekend!

2000 Celica GT-S - "Frankenstein" CAI, Boosted2.0 Ported Header, TRD Exhaust, ES Motor Mount Inserts, ES Suspension Bushings, Southbend TZ clutch, Fidanza Flywheel.
AlanLGuy is offline   Reply With Quote