View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:46 AM   #1
Calmwhiteguy

Drives: WRB 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Built Turbo K24 Swap?

Hey folks
I'm ready for a lot more power and I've been looking at a lot of articles and a lot of discussions on FA20 FI and engine swaps.

I have opinions about the 1, 1.5, and 2j platforms as well as LSomethings however one of my performance gurus recommended an engine I haven't really thought much of which is a k24.

The reason he mentioned this engine is because stock engine and turbo can get me a reliable and consistant 400+WHP. If I splurge the extra $4,500 we could dump in a total engine rebuild and aim closer to 800+ WHP. This seems like the most affordable and long term durable option from the research I've done (I've never owned a honda or payed really any attention to what they put in their cars).

The reason why I like the idea is
A) Reliable (as much as 450+WHP can be)
B) "Economical"
C) Very close to FA20 weight
D) Unique

I couldn't really find much of ANYTHING about built k24's going into the ft86 chassis does anyone have any opinions about such a venture? I've seen a youtube series that was last updated on wiring a year ago and someone below posted their white 86 with a k series swap but not a ton of seriously useful info aside from k swap the world
Or am I really that crazy for considering something except a giant v8 power plant or JDM 2jz?

Last edited by Calmwhiteguy; 02-09-2018 at 04:09 AM.
Calmwhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote