DaBoBo21
Brett

Drives: ‘94 Supra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I have an air like sound under load but that’s because I have a leak between my header and over pipe. Took a while to isolate it but it looks as if the flange is bent a little. Spray it with soap and it bubbles on the bottom end of the flange and you can see a gap at the bottom of this flange.

I’ve never noticed a BOV sound on shifts. The only sound I’ve noticed on shifts was a little ingnition knock (sounded more like a click) when doing very quick shifts were I would go back to the throttle very quickly and aggressively. I wouldn’t describe the sound as a BOVish sound though. I solved this problem by taking the transient ignition retard table from the 2017 rom and applying it to my 2013 rom. The 2017 TIR table pulls a lot more timing on transients then past roms. The sound is gone now.
Sounds good. I’ll give that a check this weekend. @humfrz I’ll double check the clamps on the intake, maybe I overlooked it.

Yeah, I don’t usually hear the knock these things have, I do know what you’re talking about though. It really is a head scratcher, though. It’s like compressed air being released when I shift above 3.5k.
DaBoBo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaBoBo21 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-06-2018)