Old 01-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #263
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalbiCool88 View Post
I'm on stage 2, and haven't experienced any "slamming" of gears. Can you elaborate? Perhaps you need to have your trans relearn shift logic.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by calic View Post
I can only speak from my experience before I had the TSB done.

It was bad in sport before i flashed. It got worse with OFT stage 1, since everything is set to be slightly more aggressive. With the flash the car and became somewhat un-driveable due to the shifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Have you tried putting it in "sport" before putting it in gear? As long as I put it in sport mode while I'm not moving then it doesn't seem to shift hard. My issue comes up when I'm driving in normal and switch to sport while moving.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I had OFT stage 2 UEL E85 tune as well as Stage 1, this issue is more prominent in them due to the throttle mapping and low end power increase. The hard shifting happened in manual mode or sport mode regardless and would only fix itself after restarting the car. Another case would be the sport mode switch because of the tune. The banging was almost similiar to as if you slammed it in gear from like 4th-3rd or even 3rd to 2nd in a manual car. That immediately caused the engine brake pulling feeling way more aggressive than normal without a rev match plus a jerk and a chirp from the rear wheels. I had a video posted here of the issue somewhere and at some point you hear it making the noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS-RS1.0 View Post
I'm getting ready to have this done in Delaware... the TSB is a god send as it has been so annoying either resetting the car (off and back on) or constantly driving In manual mode...

I just have two annoying questions eating at me....
1) how come the TSB doesn't simply acknowledge the dynamic rev management issue (hard shifting)

2) shouldn't this be a recall??? Even if it was a silent recall I've been driving my RS 1.0 almost a year with this issue and thought there was no solution .... thanks Toyota
1) Because toyotas engineers at the time may have not tested our odd situation and simply noticed the odd idle that appears and didn't bother to try sport mode or manual mode. I'm assuming their testing was after a long highway run and cruising. I have no doubt in my mind that if they had switched it to manual mode or sport mode they would've noticed the hard shifting and lack of rev matching

2)Again, they didn't notice the manual mode issue so they just issued a TSB. So therefore its an issue that can only be fixed if a customer notices it. What they should've done is issued a wider spread TCM update for multiple cars anyway, the new shift logic is too good not to and it would've covered their bases
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote