View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #3022
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,386
Thanks: 13,791
Thanked 9,502 Times in 5,013 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ignition View Post
On the topic of coilovers;

I was unable to find a buyer for my KWv3 and the AutoX season is getting close so I’m looking to re-spring them to 400 square.

Where did everyone get their springs?
I've bought Eibach and Hyperco springs through Summit Racing, ProParts, and even Amazon (find the P/N and google it, buy from the least shady vendor with a good price) but their 60mm spring selection isn't spectacular, first glance looks like they don't really have the perfect spring which would push you towards Swift springs, but at $20 more each I never bought into the hype. It might be worth considering the switch to 2.5" diameter springs, you get a huge selection from Hyperco and Eibach then, 1" length increments in 25 lb/in increments across the board.

I had Hyperco 425# springs F/R for awhile, went with 7" length and ended up with helper springs, I'm considering selling them and would love to send 'em out to you, but I'm a dummy and built my setup around 2.25" springs.


tl;dr find the part number for the spring you want, google it, buy from the vendor you trust.

Eibach catalog: (click motorsports)
http://eibach.com/us/rt-2-catalog-downloads.html
Hyperco catalog: (if you have questions about hyperco's springs, i.e. the data they don't publish but Eibach does like block height, send them an email and they'll happily respond with it in my experience)
https://www.hypercoils.com/wp-conten...co_catalog.pdf
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote