Old 01-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #217
perryair
junior mafia

Drives: ‘20 sti limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Like Elise and other less ubiquitous small European cars, it may not launch here initially but doesn't mean it'll never come (there is a market for it). I wouldn't get the automatic (doesn't mean a manual will never come) nor its 1st year(s) of growing pains (had all the same thoughts for the 4C). Simply its existence in the car world excites me. Being the original 1973 World Rally champ, I like to think its blue paint inspired Subaru's WRB. Now come full circle, the BRZ seems a direct inspiration to its rebirth (and Cayman inspired the BRZ).

Edit: PLOT TWIST: French Automaker PSA Maps Out North American Reentry
the difficulty of creating a dealer network from scratch will still mean that any renault product might as well not exist for most americans, though it certainly does seem an exciting car. let alone the questions of whether they've paid to have it crash tested and otherwise spec'ed to american sales standards by the feds.