View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
ermax
Senior Member
 
ermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,533
Thanks: 883
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,191 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
there is no such thing as over tiring your car for autocross
But possibly a point of diminishing returns. As the patch gets bigger it would also reduce tire temps which could reduce grip. At which point this happens I have no F-ing clue. Hahaha.

When it comes to tires it's the tire structure/compound that has the biggest impact. I have been autoxing off and on since 1996 and I learned real quick what impact tires have. From that point on I have only owned xtreme perf tires. I wasn't as active autoxing at one point and decided I would cheap out a little and also gain some mileage and dropped to max perf for one set. Man did that suck... next set I was back to xtreme perf. I just got my FRS a few months ago and it came with some 500tw Falkins and I want to slit my wrists but also don't look forward to buying new tires.

Long story short... buy xtreme perf and not stress out as much about 235 vs 245. An RE71A in a 225 would probably smoke a MPSS in a 245.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote